Due to updated advice from health authorities and the existing but very minimal evidence of community transmission of COVID-19 in NSW our infection control procedures have been adjusted once more.
Direct Support Workers must implement the following amendments with 100% accuracy to ensure the safety of clients and you personally. Random compliance checks will be performed by Accuro Homecare and other partnered organisations. The following is to take effect as of Thursday 13.08.2020.
- The supplied surgical face masks must now be worn by ALL Direct Support Workers for ALL AND EVERY service regardless of type, time, location, social distancing etc.
- The mask must be worn for the entire duration of the service.
- Direct Support Workers are to only wear the face mask supplied by Accuro Homecare.
- Clients are to wear surgical face masks (these can be supplied by the client if they have them, otherwise Direct Support Workers are to supply them) in the following situations at all times:
- Indoors during services where social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Outdoors when in public spaces at all times.
- There may be occasions where a client cannot or is unwilling to wear a face mask. If this has been identified previous to you attending to this client it will be noted in the clients file in Geoop. All Direct Support Workers MUST check EVERY clients file (for the service to be attended to) before attending to EVERY service. If the client cannot wear the mask and IT IS NOT noted on the clients file DO NOT PROCEED WITH THE SERVICE. Call Accuro Homecare head office for advice on every occasion where the client cannot or is unwilling to wear a face mask and it is not noted on their file.
An update complete policy and procedure will be provided to all Direct Support Workers soon as we understand that with changes being implemented on a very regular basis things can get confusing. If you are unsure of anything please call Head Office for advice.